Mark's Knock Engine Service is equipped to provide both on-site and in shop crankcase overhaul service. The crankcase is disassembled and reassembled according to strict ASTM D2699,D2700 guidelines. Specifics include:
- Ascertain top-dead center of the crankshaft
- Checking the valve timing event events,
- total-lift checks of the lobes of the cam shaft
- end play shimming on the crankshaft
- proper setup of distributor
- replacement of bearings and gears
- replacement of seals and gaskets
- replacement of oil heater
- replacement of oil hoses and fittings
- updating if necessary to current standards, and replacement of worn or defective parts.
In addition we also look over the other systems and connections of the apparatus including console, electric motor, exhaust, air-intake, and chillers. MKES will identify defects, make recommendations, and implement solutions.
Our In-Shop crankcase overhaul goes beyond our on-site service. Your company can ship a crankcase to our shop, or can schedule us to pick it up. Having proper facilities enables us to bring a crankcase into a "Like-New" condition. The crankcase is disassembled, inspected, and every piece cleaned to bare metal including the shell. After a careful and clean reassembly high-quality green paint is applied. Your crankcase will look like it did new.